RSS

The Sushi Bar revelation!

Last night I spent the evening with my parents (yes... that's what you get for being single!) and a friendly couple! My parents' friends expected me to book a table at a nice sushi bar (because of my love for the japanese language and culture) but I had nothing as such in mind! :/

When I'm craving sushi I usually go to Dosirak, a korean restaurant near Syntagma square but I have never been anywhere that serves ONLY that kind of food! My quick search lead me to Sushi Bar and eventually that's were we had dinner last night!

By the minute we got there I was blown away by the carefully designed interiors of the small restaurant and the general zen atmosphere that the soft lighting, the natural textures and the music created for us! It was the perfect remedy to a quite cold evening!



The kitchen is -of course!- open to the dining area! Wooden kitchen counter, corian dining counter, black simple chairs and weaved bamboo decorations on the walls. Lime green and white details and you have it!




The attention to design comes down to the details! The black&white patterns to the center of the square tables, the beautiful green and white bottles and bowls for the soy sauce, the paper cases for the disposable hashi and even the colour coded menu (yay!). All in pure harmony!


Then the food arrived and it was yummy!!! Among other things, we had Rainbow maki, Boston maki and Sea Urchin maki! There was quite a big selection of which he had to choose and likely we were 6 people there to justify all the different combinations we ordered! :)



This dish had eel in it so I didn't try it (still too hardcore for me) but our friends loved it!


To top it all, I had to visit the WC and see if the zen design continued even in there!... Of course it did and I wouldnt have it any other way! Plus, the funky graffiti on the doors were the cutest thing ever!!!

If you are lucky enough and live in Greece, better yet Athens, pay a visit to the Sushi Bar closest to you. Even if the thought of raw fish and seaweed doesn't attract you much, I guarantee you'll have a wonderful and delicious time! Even my dad loved it and he is the "burger and fries" kind of man!

More colour tomorrow...have a lovely and ,of course, colourful Sunday!!! K.

P.S.: I forgot to mention that we had a whole lot of sushi, 3 salads, salmon teriyaki and a noodle dish, a lot of sake and refreshements and paid about 20 euros per person! My pocket was happy too.

0 σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

free counters